When we think of a plumber, we automatically have a mental image of a tradesman who fixes leaks and connects washing machines, yet the reality is that your local plumber is capable of many things. In this short article, we outline some of the services that your local plumber can provide.
- Blocked drains – You wouldn’t wish a blocked drain on your worst enemy, the bad odour, not to mention the inconvenience. Contact one of the Melbourne-wide plumbing services that use state-of-the-art CCTV buggies to inspect the inner workings of your drain, helping the plumber pinpoint the blockage. We do not recommend tackling a blocked drain unless you happen to have a lot of experience; more often than not, you simply compound the blockage and will have to call in a plumber.
- Hot water systems, repair & maintenance – Whether gas or electric, a plumber is more than capable of servicing your hot water system, which should be carried out on an annual basis. Most plumbers are approved to service HVAC systems and should you wish to replace an old system, the plumber can supply and install a wide range of brands.
- Identifying & repairing leaks – Whether a ruptured water pipe or a leaking joint, any leakage in your water network needs to be fixed asap. Water damages buildings and you should carry out regular inspections, looking for damp patches and other signs of leaks. If, for example, your water usage is higher than usual. this might be due to a hidden leak.
- Pipe relining – Sooner or later, sections of your drainage system will degenerate and when that happens, rather than digging up and replacing the damaged pipes, it is possible to reline the existing pipes and that does not require excavation. Pipe relining saves a lot of time and therefore money; talk to your local plumber who offers pipe relining services. Here are a few good reasons to have pipe relining carried out in your Sydney home.
- Certified gas plumber – If you are looking to install or repair a gas heating system, look no further than your local plumbing contractor. Working with gas demands certification to ensure safe connections. If you are having trouble with your gas cooker, a gas-approved plumber is more than capable of troubleshooting and fixing the problem.
- Roof guttering repairs – The guttering is an essential component of a roof, as it provides an escape route for excess rainwater; blockages should be removed and your local plumber is more than capable of cleaning out and repairing your guttering. Blockages lead to cascades of rainwater running down the exterior walls and that can cause serious damage.
As you can see, your local plumber offers a wide range of services and regarding home management, we recommend pre-sourcing a local plumber and storing the number in your smartphone. Should you ever need an emergency plumber, you’ll be glad you took the time to pre-source a local tradesman.